Monday, March 24, 2014

2013 Running Recap Part 2: Samsung S4 Run Series #3


Well, I’m gonna make the detail of my last 5K race in 2013 very quick. The information about the run race series held by Samsung in 2013 presented by www.marilari.com is here. Thanks to our club's PR, we were covered in TribunNews.

Ms. Yuli's standard pose after running
The registration fee was well-accepted by price-sensitive participants like me. There was 10% discount for registering in all 3 series. Rp100.00/race for 5K and Rp150.000/race for 10K. I only registered for #1 and #3. The registration and confirmation process as well as race pack collection (at Club Rasuna) were hassle-free. The rundown was straight forward and on-time. There were also abundance water, isotonic drink and bananas. The #1 (fX, CFD Sudirman) and #3's (Soemantri Brodjonegoro Stadium, Kuningan) route were familiar. The finisher medals were unique; we could make a complete round by putting those 3 pieces of medals together. With the exception of unsterilized road in front of Pasar Festival Kuningan and the doubtful length of #3 route, I would say the races were satisfying.

Here’s my 3 personal highlights on Samsung S4 Series #3 on November 3rd, 2013 at Rasuna Epicentrum.


First, before the race I witnesses a bunch of female urban runners –which means a group of good looking well-make-up young ladies with their bright singlets and very short pants– doing their warming up.....with one of their hands holding cigarettes and smoking between repetitions. How awesome. I did the same. I mean, many times I felt I had a legitimate reason to have high calories, low nutrition meals just because I run. I often did nothing than being a useless potato couch the rest of Sundays after I had 10K. I thought running (with its complexity and pain) would magically set off all of my sins. Not right. 

Next, I wanna make running a part of my life that will last for a very long time. So I think my standard approach for almost everything would work best with running, too. No rush, no overdo, no extreme encounter. Even though people may get benefit when they increase their training aggressively, I believe small steps are good for me as long as I keep myself moving forward. When it’s part of your daily life –like taking Commuter Line to go to work, having lunch, or brushing your teeth— you can’t complain too much when something went wrong because these things happened so fast and another day would come before you realize it. 

You couldn’t cling too hard on those problem. Most probably you would take the late next train or another mode of transportation. You would go grumpy about the dishes but the best you could do was making a promise to never come back to that restaurant again. Sometimes you had to brush the teeth without the toothpaste because you had no one to blame when you were run of it. The same should be applied to running. If something was down with me, I would bare in mind that there is always another run next time. It was not the end of the world. I’ll run better tomorrow. No rush, no rash.

Lastly, I decided to do the race without thinking too much. No one told me to do running. It’s not something that I was gonna be judged by or paid for. I simply do it because I want it and I can do it in my own way. I’m already slow anyway. So it’s important to enjoy the course and feel the positive ambience at the finish line. It’s important to maintain the pace (even if it’s not even sub 8 minutes kilometer) with good breathing and thinking. With this attitude, I booked 41s minutes that time. I smiled so wide from ear to ear. 


But wait... when I looked at my Nike+, it showed that we ran only about 4.4km. Oh nooo....!!!! Such a joy ruiner! I don’t know if anyone had the same experience with their gadgets. Did we really run 5K? But again, it was no big deal. Really. 

We could always run again tomorrow, right?
With Dike, my soulmate from the office
Guess which one is the real runner?



No comments:

Post a Comment